The Alcuin Society and excellent book design


The Alcuin Society is a national organization dedicated to supporting excellence in book design. Every year the Alcuin society holds an open competition for excellence in Canadian book design. Although this is the second time one of my library editions has received placement in the prestigious Alcuin awards , there is a first time for everything. This week I found out that ‘Brussels Sprouts & Unicorns-library edition’ placed first in the Kids book category. Many excellent Kids books were published in Canada this year, and it was a privilege to be allowed to compete. I'd like to thank Scott Hawthorn and Sian Pairaudeau for helping to make this project possible, The Alcuin society for seeing the value in beautifully produced books, and Mrs Johnston for letting me help in the library when I was a Kid .